Monday, July 4, 2011

You keep the coffee coming honey, or I'll give you a tip you won't forget!

Well, I don't know where to begin. My sister and I sat down to watch a "scary" movie and I opted for 2009's Drag Me To Hell. This flick had two things going for it: Father Flem's recommendation, and Sam Raimi. Though I respect and admire both of these fine gentlemen, I think I owe each of them a punch to the nuts whenever/if ever I see them again. I've gone from thinking it was okay, to thinking it was really stupid, to finally just kind of hating it. Maybe I need to see it again, but I seriously doubt it finds its way into the PS3 ever again.

Bruce Campbell would have offed this old hag instantly.

The film had its moments, definitely, but it seemed to waver between slapstick horror and like, high school drama class from scene to scene. I really enjoyed the nasty stuff, especially all the mandible-sucking and the Guinness-caliber bloody nose. But sometimes, I swear that Alison Lohman and Justin Long were intentionally trying to deliver their lines as poorly as possible. Very random. All that said, I guess you should check it out for the gooey-violence (which is inspired). In fact, you should probably make this one the capper in a night full of bad decisions. Then, for you, it might be more Army of Darkness than Spider-Man 3.
By the way, the end is very, very kick-ass, despite all the missteps along the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment