Monday, February 19, 2018

Blogathon '18: Mt. Rushmore of Movies

Where it used to be a triennial celebration around these parts, with our latest commander-in-chief behind the button (not to mention that nervous dude in Hawai'i sending out false alarms), I'm not sure we can wait once every three years. So, grab a handful of pink and red M&M's, dump the dead roses in the trash and take a shot of the dirty water they were sitting in, because Two Dollar Cinema is once again choo-choo-choosing you.

Like, I want them to participate, Gary, but not like this...
In honor of President's Day, yep, that seemingly random February Monday we have off for no reason, I'm once again politely asking/totally begging you to participate in a little blogathon known as the Mount Rushmore of Movies.

To participate, simply choose the top four of anything cinematic and explain why they should be carved into the side of a mountain forever. Remember, these are real people carved into imaginary rock - so choose wisely!

Whatever ridiculous(ly fantastic) monument you concoct will be accepted, so feel free to get a bit loose with it. Pour some wine, change out of those stuffy work clothes, grab whatever tools (ahem) you need, and let's do this.

Whether you want to do a Mount Rushmore of Marvel Cinematic Universe characters, the top four Noose Rooster flicks, or a tribute to the most shocking endings of all time, embrace the madness and run with it. Four selections may seem like a lot, but depending on the topic, those spots can fill up quickly. Four years ago, some crazy bitches went wild with their monuments [take a peek here], and last year was more of the same [really]. Let's see if the 2018 can follow suit.

And of course, the business end of this thing I'm not paying you for:
  1. I'd like to have all posts done by Friday, March 2nd (where I'll create a master list, linking back to all of your, er, both of your sites), but it's cool if you finish way before that. Or later. I honestly don't mind.
  2. Send me a heads up/steamy nude pic on twitter @twodollarcinema , reply in the comments below, text me, e-mail me (twodollarcinema@gmail.com), fart in my general direction, whatever you want, when you've finished, okay? That would be mighty kind of you.
  3. In your post, please use the rad banner my wife designed when she should have been working.
  4. Share the announcement with every single person you've ever met. Or being that we're all bloggers, you're digital friends.
  5. Be awesome. And if you're here, already know that you are anyway.

And even if it's way ahead of time, thanks to everybody who participates, and even to those people who inevitably wished they had/could give a f--k about this nonsense. 

No, really. Thanks. For nothing. Ya bastard. That's real presidential of you.

11 comments:

  1. Oh no this is gonna be so pervy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think 'pervy' is pretty much the point...at this point...right? We've all fallen so far down the gutter.

      Though that thing Fisti did a few years back....

      Delete
  2. Oh man, my brain's racing trying to come up with something. And your wife did a great job on that banner.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES.

      I'm sure you've got something up your sleeve, Dell. I have the utmost faith.

      (and I'll let my wife know...she'll be psyched)

      Delete
    2. I made it...I made it...I made it!!!

      http://dellonmovies.blogspot.com/2018/03/mt-rushmore-of-movies-blogathon-2018.html

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Me too. Honestly...I have no idea what I'm going to do at this point. I think I peaked too early (and my previous entries weren't that good!).

      Delete
  4. Yay! I love this blogathon. I hope I can think of something good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sweet! And to think...I was just about to dial up my cryface if you didn't show up...

      Delete
  5. I'm in! And I agree with Margaret.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am new here and followed you over here from Brittani's post. I enjoyed this...so many one can do

    ReplyDelete