Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Why bother?

I'm not sure myself, but on a whim I've decided to start a small blog. I figure you should blog about what you know, and to some extent - I know movies. Now, I'm not really in the loop right now, but there was a time in my life when I went to the movies at least twice a week (for the better part of a decade). I'm thinking 1994 - 2004 was the prime movie going era. This Golden Age began with a couple of friends from high school and then college, and concluded with an amazing fiancee/wife. 

Once full-on adulthood sadly/gladly showed up - things came to a screeching halt (as if there's any other kind of halt). Over the last two years or so (hmmm...my son is almost two), my movie going experience is typically alone at a very crappy movie theater located in an even crappier mall.

That said, I still love it. I think there's nothing like the big screen. I know it's become ridiculously expensive. I know the floors are sticky and the seats riddled with lice and bodily fluids - got that. Hell, I know that the last person arriving is going to be a douche on his cell phone who's going to sit right in front of me and have to ask basic comprehension questions aloud to an equally-douchey friend of his in an oversized Yankee cap. As much as I want to put my shoe through the back of that guy's skull...it will never be enough to keep me away. I love it. And if you're reading this, you do too.

-M. Brown

No comments:

Post a Comment