Monday, February 17, 2014

TDC Blogathon: Mt. Rushmore of Movies

Okay, I feel like a bit of a used car salesman here, but in honor of President's Day, we here at Two Dollar Cinema are proud to be hosting our first annual blogathon, the Mt. Rushmore of Movies.

To participate, simply choose the top 4 of anything cinematic and explain why it should be carved into the side of a mountain forever. Remember, these are real people carved into imaginary rock - so choose wisely!

Who are the top 4 directors of all-time? What about the top 4 movie villains (see also: annoying kids)? You could even go nuts and create the Mt. Rushmore of wasted talent. Or a tribute to 4 actors gone too soon. It could even be decade specific if you like.

Whatever category you come up with will be accepted, so by all means have fun with it (even if you do a Mt. Rushmore of shittiest blogs and put Two Dollar Cinema as all 4 choices). I'd like to have all the posts done by the last day of the month if possible (Friday, the 28th), but if you're late, no worries. I'll still update the main post and link back to your site. Feel free to share the announcement logo on your blog, if you don't mind the massive shot to your credibility, that is. Hopefully your Mt. Rushmore is one people want to take the kids to, versus one we all hope is destroyed in an alien invasion.

To participate, simply include a link in the comments section below and I'll add it to my post on the 28th. Or even claim your category now in the comments, and post the link later (so we don't end up with duplicates). You can also e-mail me at twodollarcinema@gmail.com if you want to keep it a secret, um, or something.

Thanks for participating...
Now, let's see what you clever kids can come up with.

32 comments:

  1. Love this idea. Now I just have to think of a category.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. You've got some time... and I'm not even sure myself yet!

      Delete
  2. I'm down. I'm ready to try to be funny again (and obviously fail). I have an idea that I'm pretty sure no one else will think of *curls tiny mustache*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is perfect.

      Unless of course, you're going with the Mt. Rushmore of tiny mustaches.

      Because that's what I was going to do.

      Delete
  3. Ooohh nice idea. I need to think of something good...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice idea. Will have to think of something. Cobra should be on Mt. Rushmore anyway. Haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. COBRA-la-la-la-la-la-la-la.

      Cool, Ty. I'm looking forward to what you come up with.

      Delete
  5. Oh this is such a fun idea! But so much freedom, so many choices....my head is about to explode. What to do, what to do...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. F--k yeah!

      Maybe the Mount Rushmore of sexy leading men from Europe?

      Nevermind. There isn't a mountain big enough...

      Delete
    2. Sexy men for sure but I need to come up with a category that can include my favs :)

      Delete
    3. Good luck narrowing it down....hahaha.

      Delete
  6. HOW DID I MISS THIS?!?!?!

    I'll wrack my brain and come up with something for next week. So excited! Great idea for a blogathon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice. I think I've nailed mine down...good luck!!

      Delete
  7. Yeah, figures that your blogathon would be the coolest thing I've ever seen… I'll definitely participate. Thank god for winter break!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well..it's not too original, but yeah...I'm pretty cool.

      On that note, looking forward to what you come up with. Especially because you sent that me that email saying yours would 'smoke all those other bitches'.

      I'm pretty sure that happened.

      Delete
    2. Of course it happened.

      Delete
  8. http://whoathisisheavy.blogspot.com/2014/02/top-4-actor-voices-tdc-blogathon-mt.html

    Greetings! I come from the future. If you want proof see the comments...... I'm the first to leave a link!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are the man. Not only clever, but punctual, too.

      Impressive.

      Delete
  9. Fun idea. Here's mine!
    http://thedorkportal.blogspot.com/2014/02/on-mt-rushmore-of-movies-lesser-known.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fantastic stuff, Szever. Another great monument!

      Delete
  10. So glad I found out about this!! I am going to get my post together and I'll come back and post my link! Thanks for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. I am going to do book to movie adaptations! My post will be up Thursday.

      Delete
    3. Great idea. Looking forward to it!

      Delete
    4. Here is my link! http://angelasanxiouslife.blogspot.com/2014/02/mount-rushmore-of-movies-best-books-to.html I had so much fun thinking about it!

      Delete
  11. Loved the idea! Here's mine :)

    http://perspectiveofawriter.wordpress.com/2014/02/26/movie-mt-collaborations/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is soooo good. Can't wait to add it to the master post!

      Delete
  12. Hi I've seen your blog before, but I'm not sure if I posted here. I saw your bloghop and thought it would be fun to join it. I just posted mine just now. Thanks for hosting. It's a great idea.

    http://www.aspaceblogyssey.com/2014/02/mount-rushmore-of-movies-4-favorite.html

    ReplyDelete
  13. Finally posted mine...http://dellonmovies.blogspot.com/2014/02/mt-rushmore-of-morgan-freeman-characters.html

    ReplyDelete
  14. AYYYYY!! http://filmsandcoke.wordpress.com/2014/03/01/mt-rushmore-of-voice-acting-in-2010s/

    Thanks for hosting! If the post sucks too bad, just say that I was 3,3 hours late with the post. I got stuck with drinking whiskey until midnight and then got distracted by pictures of the people on my Mt Rushmore. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is my first time i visit here and I found so many interesting stuff in your blog especially it's discussion, thank you.
    letmewatchthismoviedownloads.com/the-pirate-bay-free-movie-downloads/

    ReplyDelete