Monday, July 21, 2014

Six Degrees of Separation: Blogathon

Okay, this one has been spreading like wildfire, but in a good way. Perhaps it's selling like hotcakes? Spreading like hotcakes? No. Definitely not that. Sounds weird...

Anyway, Nostra at My Film Views has created yet another inspired blogathon where bloggers are tasked with connecting two random cinematic figures in six (or less) steps. Apparently this is a thing that exists with or without Kevin Bacon, who knew?

Brittani, over at the seriously rad Rambling Film, has tasked me with connecting that handsome devil Leonardo DiCaprio to child star Shirley Temple. I wonder if Leo likes animal crackers, you know, in his soup? Hold on, I'll text him. In the meantime, this is how I've got it figured:



1. Leonardo DiCaprio was in The Beach with Robert Carlyle.
2. Robert Carlyle was in The World is Not Enough with Denise Richards.
3. Denise Richards was in Wild Things with Robert Wagner (and Kevin Bacon, suck on that!).
4. Robert Wagner was in The Curse of the Pink Panther with David Niven.
5. David Niven was in A Kiss for Corliss with Shirley Temple.
6. Shirley Temple was in...

Well, it appears my work here is done. Looks like the hard part may be finding someone who hasn't already got a crack at this. So, seeing that she's apparently back from the dead, I'm going to swing this over to Elina at Films and Coke. Her job? Connect Shirley Temple to...Pauly Shore, if that's even remotely possible.

Hopefully she knows who he is.
And hopefully, she doesn't wheeze the juice. 

10 comments:

  1. This is BEAUTIFUL. I am honored.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good luck! You should probably watch Encino Man, um, asap. You know, for research.

      Delete
  2. Nice job! I like the graphic you made too, it looks good. Temple to Shore will be interesting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much for passing it my way, and for the added challenge of Shirley Temple (I've never even seen a movie featuring her).

      I had this really awesome graphic all set to go, but realized only upon uploading it that I forgot to add David Niven, that sonuvabitch! Glad you liked it though, as design (and writing) isn't really my thing.

      I've actually got to thank you for something else,,,but I'll wait to I post about the film first! Here's a hint: It DEVASTATED me.

      Delete
  3. I'm like 110% sure Shirley Temple and Pauly Shore have never been in the same sentence.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And then I found this https://twitter.com/itsRucka/status/433621018570014720

      Delete
    2. OMG! That is my favorite tweet I've ever read!

      Delete
    3. Okay, two things: Someone at work was trying to convince me that Shirley Temple was in the 1982 Annie...which is hysterical.

      And Jess? You're sleuthing skills are unmatched.

      And a bonus thing? I love when Fisti replies to other comments here before I do. I'm not joking, either. I f--king LOVE it.

      Delete
    4. Haha, I was SO sure that there was no sentence involving those two and then bam that twitter gem.

      Delete
  4. Leave it to Rucka Rucka to drop Twitter gems connecting arguably the two most random people in film.

    ReplyDelete