|The first thing I thought when this was over? I need to see Mad Max again - asap.|
Also impressive, is writer/director/star of the show Evan Glodell. Glodell stars as Woodrow, the seemingly sweet guy who falls for this hipster chick, Milly, at a cricket eating contest. I know, that last sentence probably throws up nine red flags for you sensible types - but ignore them. This movie is certainly worth seeing, if only to share a few what the f--ks? with whomever is in the room with you. I think my wife and I tallied about a half dozen. But trust me, it's not only the craziness that's the draw - this movie is like no other. That has to be worth something.
The love story here is not only about Woodrow and Milly, no - it's about Woodrow and his best friend, Aiden. I've had some really good friends in my life, but nobody holds a candle (or flamethrower) to the relationship that these two have. Nobody. These two make Frodo and Sam look like two guys who happen to be headed in the same direction. Either one of them would kill for the other. They wouldn't think twice about it.
|No thanks Dad, I already have a Mercedes.|
- It's weird to throw some love to a character from another movie, but you can't argue with Lord Humongous. You just can't.
- The camera work. Like the title of another movie blog, it's dirty with class.
- If possible, this movie made flamethrowers even cooler. I know. Blasphemy.
- I'm not a drinker, but in-dash whiskey is still pretty badass. These guys are pretty damn smart.
- Dude takes a bat to your post-apocalyptic dream car? There's only one thing to do, bro.
- I think planning to rule society after the inevitable apocalypse is a solid endeavor. Logical.
- Okay. I've had some bad days before, but Woodrow's might set the record.
- And of course, the ending. It's all kind of a blur, but me and the Mrs. were knocked on our asses. I think. I'm not even sure what really happened. But I liked it. Well, I'm pretty sure. Ah, shit.
|If this is Courtney, she's the looker of the bunch.|
- Does anybody have a job? I mean, I could probably invent some badass shit if I had absolutely nothing else to do. Well, nothing except...
- ...getting hammered. Goodness. Everybody drinks all the time. Not in a cool Beerfest way either.
- Mike. Dude, you're a dick. I hate your face.
- Milly. You are a heartless bitch. And, you look like a fatter Pink. And maybe a dash of Lori Petty in Tank Girl. A hat-trick of awful, these three.
- Does our main man, um, turn into a zombie?