|Thank you, I just had it stuffed.|
Steve Carell is the Jedi-master of the downtrodden everyman. As likable as he is, he's often playing someone that the other characters in the story can't stand. We buy it because we like Carell, but at some point he's going to have to play a genuine douche - just to mix it up. Even super-villian Gru in Despicable Me turned out to be a solid guy.
Anyway, I thought this was pretty enjoyable and <gasp!> actually, surprising at times. My wife called a few of the turns (she routinely makes me feel stupid), but there was one in particular that we didn't see coming. It might be the romantic comedy equivalent of The Sixth Sense. Okay, that might be overselling it, but whatever, maybe I'm just slow. I'm stupid. You're smart. I was wrong. You were right. You're the best. I'm the worst. You're very good-looking. I'm not attractive.
|Excuse me, your balls are showing.|
RANDOMNESS BEFORE I CALL IT:
- Turns out I kind of miss Kevin Bacon. Must've been that badass commercial....
- Thank the dear Lord that Julianne Moore was not from Boston. Like nails on a wicked haad chalkboard.
- Josh Groban? Really?
- Guy who gets laid all the time is really unhappy. Oh, movies. You so crazy!
- Worst 8th grade graduation speech ever.
- Best 8th grade graduation present ever.