Friday, December 31, 2021

In & Out [post]: Halloween Kills

It needs to die.

Rating: R Runtime: 105 minutes 
Where: Regal West Manchester (masked up, joint was empty)

What's it about? Get this, you know how you thought they finally killed Michael Myers? Nope. Turns out, they did not. Not only was he saved by some do-gooding firefighters (more on them in a bit), but uh, were just finally gonna own up to the fact that this mfer can never, ever die (maybe they've said this before, this series ain't my jam)

What works: Jamie Lee Curtis (again, looking like my old neighbor) not only kicks ass, but she also jams a needle into one. Her own. And then proceeds to lead a town full of misfits and has-beens into an epic ass-stomping of Michael Myers. Not a killing, mind you, but that ass was most certainly stomped.

What doesn't: Once it's revealed that killing makes Michael even stronger, everything feels...pointless? I know, we're not here to see Michael die, but um, I liked more it when I thought there was a chance he might. Maybe in the next one they'll jam nuke up his pee-hole...

Yays: Oh boy, not that I'm anti first-responder or anything (is anyone?), but holy Hell, did I enjoy Michael absolutely butchering the local fire department. That shit was iconic (and the biggest f--k you to saving anyone ever). Also, it's always good to see Anthony Michael Hall/Russ Griswald in something, right?
Boos: Those three a-hole kids needed to die in the worst way. And, if you haven't seen this one, it's probably a good (/f--king mandatory) idea to watch the preceding film before cranking this one up. Lots of call-backs that I had totally forgotten about. I can barely remember three days ago, let alone three years.

F--k Yes or F--k No? In the first twenty minutes, I was feeling this was a big win, and would have shouted f--k yes in your general direction. By the end, I didn't care and just wanted Michael and/or myself to die a horrible death. You could do worse, I'm sure of it. But I was in a theater...so good times?

No comments:

Post a Comment