Friday, December 31, 2021

In & Out [post]: Nobody

I hope these assholes like hospital food.

Rating: R (deserved) Runtime: 97 mins     Where: Basement

What's it about? Two moderately honorable thieves break into some forlorn dude's house, and despite having the drop on them, the homeowner lets them go. Everyone thinks he's a pussy, until he realizes his daughter's kitty cat bracelet has been, um, burgled, and all f--king Hell breaks loose. 

What works: Not gonna lie, but everything. I've never really seen Odenkirk in well, anything *ducks*, but I would run through the thickest of walls for him after this one. Hutch is cool dude, laying very low on the fact that he's an absolute killing machine. And the beast is unleashed, f--k me it's tremendous. Liam and Denzel have got some company in the ol' you done f--ked with the wrong dude genre.

What doesn't work: The lives and/or limbs of anybody rage-fueled Hutch crossed paths with. Honestly, I can't think of anything I didn't enjoy here. Quick runtime makes it, somehow, even better (typically I'd say I wanted more, but I was quite happy with the portions here).

Yays: The bus scene, even if some of the violence made me wince like the bitch that I am made me proud to be alive. Oh, and not to spoil anything, but Hutch does something to sleazy mob boss that is straight-up legendary. And when he tells him about, it's about the most joyous moment I've ever been a part of (same as when Hutch locks the door on the aforementioned bus).

Boos: This isn't really a Boo in the least, but can we get a spin-off with Hutch's crew (Doc Brown and RZA!), please? The time we get with them is great, but goddamn it, I want more.

Last words: You know how people argue about whether or not Die Hard is a Christmas movie? Who f--king cares? If it makes you smile from ear-to-ear, it's a Christmas movie. If grandma would dig it in spite of herself, Christmas movie. If someone gets a bottle shoved directly into their face, f--k it, Christmas movie. 

No comments:

Post a Comment