Friday, December 31, 2021

In & Out [post] Venom: Let There Be Carnage

You are a cancer to everyone who ever loved you, Eddie.

Rating: PG-13 Runtime: 97 minutes (appreciated)  Where: Regal West Manchester (masked up, with my son)

What's it about? Who the Hell knows? Eddie Brock inadvertently gives some of his space goo to Kletus the Slack-jawed yokel and chaos, er, Carnage ensues. Venom, the fairly shitty 'good' guy, must save San Francisco from the red version of himself and his ear-piercing girlfriend (as in volume, not someone who works at Claire's). 

What works: Woody Harrelson is great in everything, and when he's on screen, good times are sure to follow. Tom Hardy is reliable as always, though he seems more irritated that usual.

What doesn't: The action is basically an endless about of CGI tentacles vigorously dry-humping each other in mid-air...

Yays: I think I saw Michelle Williams yawn during her four minutes on set. Oh, and my son absolutely loved this film which is kind of adorable.

Boos: Domesticated Venom might be good for some laughs, but really not much else. When he gives Eddie relationship advice, I wanted to throw myself off the Golden Gate Bridge.

Take it or leave it? Is this in the MCU? Does anyone even care anymore? *shrugs* It's short and people get eaten. Begrudgingly, I'll take it. But I wouldn't blame you if you left it.

2 comments:

  1. I thought this was fun. Not perfect, but I laughed at least. When the plague is over, I think Venom at the rave might be a fun Halloween costume. lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I'll have a much better time when I see it again, and my son effing loved it. Oooh....Venom: Rave Edition? Wow.

      Delete